When soldiers are killed in action, units hold a simple ceremony in the combat zone. At the front of a chapel or a helipad or a makeshift open area, the unit places the deceased’s combat boots on a small box. Behind the boots they stand a rifle, muzzle down, on top of which rests the soldier’s helmet. The dead trooper’s dog tags hang from the pistol grip.
Gayle King, Nora O’Donnell, Charlie Rose, now have the best morning show for news and information. This is just another reason why.http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57585271/x-games-medalist-invents-game-changing-prosthetic-joints/
This morning I saw the extrodinary story on CBS Morning Show.
- X Games star invents game-changing prosthetic joints (cbsnews.com)
- X Games medalist invents game-changing prosthetic joints (khou.com)
Service members are supposed to be protected from predatory lenders thanks to the Military Lending Act (MLA) in place for several years.
However, a joint investigation by Marketplace and ProPublica found that while the act did reduce the number of "payday loan" problems, the law does not regulate loans that extend beyond three months.
The MLA did little to regulate open-ended credit, or military installment loans longer than 91 days.
YYou were born to an older mother and passed around to different relatives to be raised and yet momma somehow you learned to be a great “momma” maybe it was something deep inside you so loving that it was always there. I remember your favorite sayings like “I love you a bushel and a peck and hug around the neck”. I remember”don’t say anything if you can’t say anything nice”. Maybe it was your strong belief in God and Jesus that got you through the tough times. You were in a bad accident and never learned how to drive because of it. You lived through some tough times that would have ruined other people but you came out stronger. I remember you said you would have me and Packy my twin all over again knowing the challenges we would both face. “Momma” I love you a bushel and a peck and forever a hug around the neck. You love to garden among your many talents I do that every mothers day in honor of you!
- Happy Mothers Day! (thesisterslice.com)
- Momma’s Day (johannaerikadar.wordpress.com)
- Be my strength (momstomotorcycles.wordpress.com)
- Our Daily Bread – Momma’s Rules May 3, 2013 (arielgonzalaz91.wordpress.com)
- My Momma Fills Me Up Like a Trumpet Blast (daleyjord.wordpress.com)
By Yoselis Ramos
Since 9 a.m. Monday, American artist Scott LoBaido has been painting a 80 x 30 foot American flag mural on the north wall of the Tampa Firefighters Museum in downtown Tampa.
LoBaido has traveled through all 50 states painting murals on rooftops as both a 'welcome home' and a 'thank you' message to our troops. He has not personally served in the U.S.
To reach Greg Marra Sarasota Sculptor see the following linhttp://www.gregmarrastudios.com/about.htmlk
Chris Kyle is pictured with his book!
I love my new shirt. For me the above shirt says it all. My strong belief in God and his son “Jesus” has made it possible for me to live through some challenges in my life that friends and family have told me they would have not been able to do themselves. A lot of things that have been challenging in my life have been because of bad choices. God took those choices and turned them to good. There are so many horrible things happening these days that people wonder about “where is God” in all of this. My God gives all of us free will, and he is not causing all this mess. I believe “God” is taking a lot of the bad and bringing some good out of it”. It may take a while to see the good in all the bad but I believe we will.
- Seeing through the Mud (angiewebb.wordpress.com)
- Why believe that Jesus rose from the dead? (bennasmith.wordpress.com)
- Day 10, Hebrews 11:1 (getlouised.wordpress.com)
- Friday (April 26): “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (shechina.wordpress.com)
- My doubting side (ponderingmoments.org)
- Does science make belief in God obsolete? (qdvf.wordpress.com)
The Boston Police Department are still going strong despite all the challenges they have been thru! I am praying and ask you to do the same for the Boston Police Department!
- Police Officer Delivers Milk To Family During Manhunt (fox2now.com)
- PIC: Boston Cop Delivers Milk During Lockdown (fox8.com)
Afghanistan, Anne Smedinghoff, Brian Minter, Chicago, First Book Marketplace, Foreign Service Officer, http://www.literacyproject.org/, John Kerry, Suicide attack, Twitter, United States, University of Florida Taser incident
”Readers are Leaders” and “Leaders are Readers”, Anne you certainly were a leader and your parents did a wonderful job of parenting you! .Patsy McCaw-Yager article following— Written by Brian Minter.
Yesterday morning, Andrew Meyer, the operations manager for the First Book Marketplace, sent an email to the First Book staff sharing his thoughts about Anne Smedinghoff, a young foreign service officer killed in Afghanistan while bringing books to children in need.
I was touched by Andrew’s email, and asked him if I could share it on the First Book blog.
Anne Smedinghoff (Photo from washingtonpost.com)
Many of you probably heard that six Americans were killed in a suicide attack in Afghanistan this past Saturday. It seems that we have something in common with at least one of them: Anne Smedinghoff, a 25-year-old foreign service officer from Chicago. Anne was killed while delivering textbooks to children at a school.
Certainly we’re far from the chaos of Afghanistan, but I can’t help but feel a kinship with this young woman. I know as well as anyone that this business — this business of doing good — can be extremely challenging: long hours, increasing demand, lower salaries, uncertain funding sources, etc.
But never forget that we are all doing our part to increase knowledge and level the playing field. We are contributing to a movement that will have an impact centuries from now.
I’ve had a lot of time to reflect on life since my wife’s passing back in September and I know that when my time comes I hope to be comforted by the fact that I’ve done my part to make the world just a little bit better.
Please donate to above link in honor of Anne and her work!!
<!– Auto Discovery
- Young Diplomat Killed While Bringing Books to Kids (firstbook.org)
- Funeral held for diplomat killed in Afghanistan (news.yahoo.com)
- Body Of Slain Diplomat Anne Smedinghoff Returns To U.S. (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Kerry To Visit Family Of Slain US Diplomat (washington.cbslocal.com)
- State Departments Anne Smedinghoff had left Kabul for book donation event (miamiherald.com)
- Witness: Anne Smedinghoff, other Americans killed in Afghan bombing were on foot, lost (miamiherald.com)
- State Department Deaths … A New Day , A New Story … First Stevens , Now Smedinghoff (youviewed.com)
- 25-Year-Old US Diplomat Killed Delivering Schoolbooks In Afghanistan (businessinsider.com)
- Tom and Mary Beth Smedinghoff’s Statement on Daughter Anne Killed in Afghanistan (diplopundit.net)
- US diplomat killed in Afghanistan wanted to help (miamiherald.com)
Boston Marathon Suspects in Bombings
- FBI releases images of two suspects near Boston bomb sites – USA Today – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
FBI Releases Photos of Suspects in Boston Bombing
Suspect one wears a dark hat and suspect two wears a white hat.The FBI releases images of two suspects in relation to the Boston Marathon case. Suspect one wears a dark cap and suspect two wears a white cap. The FBI is working with the Boston Police Department following explosions on the Boston Marathon route. (FBI)