“Joe the barber,” as he’s known here, is actually Joe the retired real estate investor.he
From the book of Mathew the Bible.
25 years ago he simply saw the need and decided to take scissors into his own hands. He’s been their barber ever since.
“When I do a job on them, they get the whole works. If they’ve got a dry scalp they get their scalp massaged and then they get slopped up with $30 bottle of Estee Lauder moisturizing aftershave, I don’t have anymore of that,” said Cymerys.
This is full service
“Then they get a hug. Well, they give me a hug, that’s what it is,” said Cymerys.
The hug is actually the payment; the only payment Joe requires.
“A savior as always, Joe,” said Salvatore, one of Joe’s regulars
- Barber wins right to continue haircuts for the homeless (religionnews.com)
- There’s still hope. (lucafaidutti.wordpress.com)
- Barber kicked out of Conn. park granted reprieve (themeshreport.com)
- Barber paid in hugs is kicked out of Conn. park (juneauempire.com)
- Good Samaritan Barber Kicked Out Of Park (connecticut.cbslocal.com)